Contact Makara Travels and Ara will work with you to make your visit to Siem Reap and the Angkor Wat complex a memory that will last a lifetime.
We expect you to take care of your own international flight arrangements. We can pick you up from the airport, or if you come overland from Thailand, in Poipet. From the time you set foot in Siem Reap, We can make all necessary local arrangements for you:
- hotel bookings (but feel free to make your own bookings)
- excursions in Angkor(car/tuktuk, driver, licensed guide in your preferred language)
- excursions to other parts of the country (Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Battambang, …
- domestic flight/bus/taxi travel
We’ll arrange for entry tickets (Cultural Village, Apsara shows, boat trips on Tonle Sap), even your visa extensions.
Advice and support
hether you need solid advice on restaurants, massage and spa arrangements, shopping, local charities, or any personalised service, you can count on our knowledge and support. If you need language support, we’ll make sure it’s there when you need it.
We don’t have fixed price lists. We apply the local going rates for our services. Some typical prices are:
- Half day tuktuk with licensed driver: $10-12
- Full day tuktuk with licensed driver: $15-20, depending on the distance covered
- Full day taxi excursion: $25-50 depending on the distance
- Service of a local non-licensed guide: $15
- Services of a licensed temple guide: $20-45, depending on the language. Guides in ‘rare’ languages charge higher rates, up to $60 per day.
- It is custom to invite (and pay for) your guide for meals and refreshments during the excursion; a driver is supposed to make his own arrangements.